Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Frisbee

For those of you that care, it looks like I will indeed be playing frisbee here in Adelaide. I went to a hat tournament this past Sunday, which was a lot of fun. The theme was heroes and villains, so each team was supplied colored bibs and matching capes. These guys sure know how to run a hat tournament. My team ended up coming in second place (out of six), and I got invited to play for two different clubs for the semester, so I must have been doing something right. It was kind of cool to actually be in demand for once. I'm thinking I'm probably going to play with the Adelaide club team, so expect to hear more when we compete in the South Australian University Games later in the fall (September, I think).

Oh, and I almost converted a handblock on the guy I was marking into a layout callahan, which would have been the coolest thing I've ever done. Sadly, I was about three inches short.

No comments: